Overviewing the town of Ghazir and Jounieh’s bay, in Mount Lebanon, the Palace has been the witness of the region’s history.
At the beginning of the XIXth century, the property was owned by the Chehab family when Bechir II, foremost Lebanese Emir, had a palace built as a birth gift for his nephew Abdallah Chehab.
In the 1880's, the Palace was turned into the first and leading Lebanese private school by Monseigneur Louis Zouein, until the first world war broke through.
During the world war, Armenian refugees were hosted and and a carpet factory was set in order to provide work to them. A rug was offered to the American president in 1925.
In 1935, the Msar cellars originated the production of Chateau Musar vintage, which became, under the direction of Gaston and Serge Hochar, one of the world’s finest and most renowned wines.
The Palace is a classified Lebanese historical monuments since 1975, specifically for its patio, its oval shape fountain and its seaside facade.